Photo sourced from Cooking Light.
A Sweet & Vegan Protein Treat
Need a quick fix for that sweet tooth? With a little extra kick of protein, these Vegan Banana Nut Muffins will leave you feeling full and satisfied for longer. Not only are they dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free, but this simple, straight forward vegan recipe is both delicious and great for digestion. Just add a bit of our ProGlow vStrong Plant Based Protein powder so you can feel v strong and v healthy.
Vegan Banana Nut Protein Muffins
Start your morning the right way with a sweet treat and protein boost all in one!
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed + 2 tbsp. water*
- 3/4 cup mashed banana ~2 small bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce*
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 65 g ProGlow vStrong Pea Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup organic stevia blend
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon optional
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt optional
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together ground flaxseed and water in a small dish and let sit for 5 minutes for a "flax egg."
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (through salt).
- Mash banana and combine with applesauce, vanilla, and flax egg.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until just combined adding a couple more tablespoons of water if needed to get a thick, spoonable batter (it should be creamy enough to not form peaks).
- Stir in chopped walnuts or reserve for topping.
- Divide batter between six lined muffin cups
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before eating
Recipe adapted from No Excuse Nutrition.